Public

More douchery from Discord

If you notice there is now a video window on your discord main window. I haven't figured out how to remove it yet. I recommend strongly you check to make sure your video is not available to anyone. Recently, like Firefox and other browsers, the number of instances Discord runs at once has jumped from 1 to 6 or more. Memory and CPU usage pig programs. Recommend Palemoon browser but its going downhill too. (unable to instantly view and block cookies like the old days) I was under the impression (obviously wrong) that Discord was THE new GAMERS voice chat. Not resource intensive, secure, some nice preferences, compatible with lots of hardware) Oh, well. Jeff
bump

Most browsers run a separate process for each window you have open. It's annoying and a little more resource intensive than one process, but it insulates the operating system from the browser pretty effectively. It's nice to not have my computer bluescreen if a webpage decides to go tits up.

I haven't noticed Discord being a resource hog lately, but I haven't paid much attention to it.

HTML Widget
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em